[fpc-devel] TTimers and TThreads. Attn Michael Schnell

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jun 30 11:11:41 CEST 2014

On 06/27/2014 08:01 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> I don't see an advantage with using relative times, or unsorted lists.
> On insertion a binary search over the list can be made, when the entries
> are sorted by absolute time. Removal of entries occurs always from the
> list head.

Relative Timers supposedly indeed are prone to running out of sync. So I
don't do that.

I need to find the lowest

With an average count of - say - three timers in a usual project, I
don't suppose that keeping an ordered list (by removing and - after
doing a binary search - re-inserting an entry) is less efficient than
maintaining the order of the TTimers in the array and do a linear
searching for the lowest next timeout value.

-Michael