[fpc-devel] TThread extensions

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Jun 26 15:42:38 CEST 2014

On 06/26/2014 03:31 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> You clearly didn't understand my remark. Please re-read it.

OK.

So your point is that I can do the development and hold-off just the
release.

If so:

  - The development of the functionality (using the svn release of fpc)
id done and seems to work just fine
  - For "release" I would need to work with the Lazarus team. Here the
discussion is whether or not this makes sense if it will not compile
with the (currently) released fpc rtl.

Finally: maybe for perfect compatibility with existing Lazarus
WidgetTypes maybe even the current svn version (TThread.Queue
implementation) might be not usable (as it is said to do a direct call
instead of a schedule when called from the Main thread <for Delphi
compatibility>). Here I maybe would need yet another (non
TThread-private) function to push an Event in the Queue (say class
procedure TThread.QueueDirect). I'll take a look at this ASAP.

-Michael