[fpc-devel] DOS GUI

Thaddy thaddy at thaddy.com
Wed Jan 15 11:26:01 CET 2014

Well, I have a statement from their legal dating from 2005 amounting to:
"we use it as you intended (sic) and see no reason to quote that this
sourcecode is yours. Furthermore, the two units that contain said
sourcecode you refer to are protected under U.S. copyright law and are
our intellectual property." (It blahblah's a lot more, this is the
essence and not verbatum) In other words: closed source.

Now you can be right and probably you are right but to be legally right
in de U.S. this will cost a lot of funds that I can better use
elsewhere. This type of answers is not unique to my case. I believe
Henri Gourvest has a rather unique addition to some of his his
open-licenced  sourcecode explicitly exluding said company from using it
after a similarly bad experience.