[fpc-devel] Explanation about code page-aware AnsiStrings

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Jan 7 13:23:46 CET 2014

On 07 Jan 2014, at 13:11, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 07 Jan 2014, at 12:57, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> [ http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_Unicode_support ]
> This in fact is in the paragraph " Old/obsolete sections", but it
> does not seem to be mentioned in any "current" paragraph:
> "Roadmap of RTL Unicode support with UnicodeString":

That's because it is a description of what already exists and how it
behaves, as explained in the introduction on that page and in the
message I sent to this list. It is not the umpteenth iteration of a
proposal of what a code page-aware classes unit should look like, nor
an attempt to address every person's wish list written down previously
on that page.

Jonas