[fpc-devel] Option -Wp does not work with new embedded target

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Tue Dec 2 13:05:29 CET 2014

you can find a lot of information on CMSIS here:

http://www.arm.com/products/processors/cortex-m/cortex-microcontroller-software-interface-standard.php

To download the svd-files you need to create a free account @arm.com,
then you can download lots of svd files for all major chips.

It is even easier when you have a license for the keil ide, they provide
a tool that makes downloading the files even easier (and sometimes files
are a little more up-to-date)

My first attempt was to convert the .h files to .pp (I still have some
programs to do that), the problem there is that sometimes the header
files are incomplete, the definitions for the bits in the registers is
often missing.

The .svd files are xml files that are quite easy to parse and they
usually contain all the information on the bit level. And the nice thing
is that no cleanup is necessary ;-)

Michael