[fpc-devel] i8086 huge pointers

Max Nazhalov stein_nospam at mail.ru
Wed Apr 9 15:32:23 CEST 2014

Wednesday, April 9, 2014, Nikolay Nikolov wrote:
> Hmm, then maybe we should support both and add a
> {$HUGEPOINTERNORMALIZATION} directive?

Well, I don't know for sure..
But I think introducing huge pointers implies introduction of some minimal
support routines, like [h]move(hugefrom,hugeto,hugelen), [h]fill(..), etc.
Implementation of such routines is quite different among "normalized real"
and "unnormalized common" modes, so going clean way sadly will require twice
effort (and a quadruple maintenance, I suspect.. );

---
WBR, Max.