[fpc-devel] cpstrrtl/unicode branch merged to trunk

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Sep 9 15:18:27 CEST 2013

In our previous episode, Michael Schnell said:
> in the topic by the OP ?
>
> (I seem to remember when the project started it was called something
> like "cpstrnew" which I interpreted as "new Delphi Strings".)

cpstrnew is the new ansistring type and was merged long ago.

Last week cpstrrtl was merged which changes some functions in the RTL
(opening and closing of files in system and sysutils) to be overloaded in
rawbytestring and unicodestring instead of ansistring in the default
encoding.

At the same time, on Windows, all API calls for switched to the -W
functions.