[fpc-devel] Can someone confir 2.7.2 cross arm is currently build-able

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Sep 3 12:24:26 CEST 2013

In our previous episode, Thaddy said:
> Your answer is to the point and right.
> It is of ultimate importance, though, that the compiler options for
> armXX have changed considerably since 2.6.2/3.
> For my Friday toys (Pi's) I use 2.7.1 with the new ARM options and
> bootstrap with OVERRIDEVERSIONCHECK=1
> I think that is a perfectly viable option.

If that 2.7.1 was just bootstrapped using the same SVN starting with
2.6.2/3.

That's the only reason why OVERRIDE..  exists.

1. bootstrap native 2.7.1 from 2.6.2, then
2. use that to bootstrap something cross-arch that 2.6.x doesn't support.

But do both stages _every_ time (svn update)

Anything that builds 2.7.1 with an older 2.7.1 is not supported. If you're
unlucky a single revision can cause problems.