[fpc-devel] strange error "checksum changed" in package, when compiling project.

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Oct 20 18:52:14 CEST 2013

On 20/10/2013 17:21, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 20 Oct 2013, at 17:30, Martin wrote:
>
>> Just checking, if there may be a simple fault on my side, or if I stumbled on a bug (fpc 2.6.2 and trunk (from a few weeks ago))
>>
>> It happens with circular unit references via uses in implementation. (I know "not advisable design", but a valid language feature)
> http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-devel/2011-July/024974.html

Ok, thanks.
This at least helped me to get it working again. (I had to remove some
"inline").

It still leaves me curious, how does an inline change the interface?

And does that mean it is considered a bug or not.
It still looks like a bug to me. After all as far as I know, it is valid
code. (and therefore should compile).

---------
As for the exact changes in this case. Lazarus revision 43293 will
compile ( lazarus\components\fpdebug\test\FpTest.lpr )

in components\fpdebug\fpdbgclasses.pp line 140 and 141 are 2 commented
"inline".

If uncommented compilation breaks.