[fpc-devel] FPC 2.6.2.

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Nov 27 09:35:16 CET 2013

(I had hoped for somebody else to ask this silly question, and waited
some weeks but as nobody did, I need to do it myself)

The svn sources request to be compiled by a v2.6.2 compiler, which I
don't have, as I only "work" with the svn results, which I compiled with
a v2.6.0 fpc up to recently. I have the "starting compiler" in a
dedicated folder  and don't have an installed package for same.

Can I just copy some files in there to get the starting compiler v2.6.2
? Where can I find them ? (Searching the wiki for  "starting compiler"
does not find a page containing this text.)
(This is a 32 Bit x86 Linux desktop.)

-Michael