[fpc-devel] Cross compiling x86_64 -> ARM (RPi) | EABI mis-match.

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu May 23 14:55:17 CEST 2013

On 23 May 2013, at 14:49, Bruce Tulloch wrote:

> Okay, thanks, so I should be able to simply patch the makefile in my
> copy
> of the fpc source to apply the correct assembler parameters when
> (re)building the RTL to fix this problem, right? If so, I'll look into
> doing this when I've resolved the cthreads issue. -b

Yes. In theory, you could specify it on the command line via
ASTARGET="somepara", but the problem is that this flag is used both
when building natively and when cross-compiling. There is no separate
cross version of that flag available. When cross-building from i386 to
ARM it would work because for that target the assembler-based loader
files are not used, but for x86-64 they are.

Jonas