[fpc-devel] Is target mips-embedded possible / planned?

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Mon May 13 20:07:34 CEST 2013

OK, I got kind of bored last weekend and started to implement
mips-embedded target. The crosscompiler builds fine and already shows
the list of (not yet implemented) pic32mx controllers, I am now
searching through the code for places that I need to change.

One thing that makes me wonder is how mips and mipsel defines are
related and when to use the 'mips' and when to use 'mipsel'.

Should I use 'mips' wherever posible or are those two really different
architectures? (Well, OK, one is big and one is little endian, quite a
difference)

There's one big favour I would like to ask, Florian, could you please
enable mipsel-embedded in fpcmake and then re-generate the makefiles?

I have done this in my local copy but now a svn diff looks like a big
mess because all those makefile changes make it hard for me to spot my
code changes.

I have also had a look at the changeset for avr-embedded, there were a
lot of changes in the codegen and other places, do you expect that the
same will need to be done for mips or was avr a special case?

Michael