[fpc-devel] Re: Comparison FPC 2.6.2 - Kylix 3

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Mon Mar 4 14:28:14 CET 2013

Op Mon, 4 Mar 2013, schreef Mattias Gaertner:

> Is there no cache?
> Something like: Give me all '+' operator overloads in all used units
> of interface, implementation.

Actually a cache was part of my symtable redesign years ago. It never made
it into the compiler. But it was designed with a slightly different idea
in mind: If you do a symtable lookup you can have many symtables to
process:

- With statement
- Local variables
- Parameters
- Object symtables, one per inherited object
- Unit symtables, two per loaded unit (interface & implementation)

The idea was to remove this lineair search through all symtables.

The concept never made it in the final compiler.

Daniël