[fpc-devel] Comparison FPC 2.6.2 - Delphi 7

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 3 10:42:09 CET 2013

On 03.03.2013 08:23, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> On Sunday 03 March 2013 08:12:28 Martin Schreiber wrote:

>>> When you do, please send me the output of a strace -f
>>
>> I will take a while because it is much work to make the code both FPC and
>> Delphi/Kylix compatible.
>>
> BTW, a significant percentage of the time is waiting for FPC compiling because
> FPC normally crashes without -B.

Do you mean compiling the compiler? If so than for real tests you SHOULD
NOT compile the compiler by hand, but only through "make cycle" in the
compiler directory or "make all" in the top level directory. This will
ensure that the compiler is compiled correctly.

And yes, I know the problem with -B and it's likely related to unit
compiler. Though I've just managed yesterday to create a smaller example
(by accident) that also chrashes. Maybe I'll find the problem and can
fix it once and for all :)

Regards,
Sven