[fpc-devel] Performance of string handling in trunk

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jun 26 14:46:43 CEST 2013

On 06/26/2013 02:08 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
> Am 26.06.2013 14:02, schrieb Michael Schnell:
>> That is what I did assume, but I understood dodi in a way that he
>> suggested that it (with normal means such as assigning to another
>> String) is not possible to make use of the encoding type of a String
>> information that had been assigned to a RawByteString.
> *sigh*
> See here: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/VCL/XE/de/System.StringCodePage

Sorry I don't see what this (very floppy) worded page (that I of course
did know) should say me about the stuff in question to me:
  - static (known to the compiler) vs dynamic (stored with the string)
encoding type
  - how the compiler and library handles RawByteString as source and/or
target of an assignment.

-Michael