[fpc-devel] Porting FPC to IBM zArch

Bernd Oppolzer bernd.oppolzer at t-online.de
Wed Jul 24 14:12:13 CEST 2013

Sorry, I'm sure, this is a very basic question,
just to speed up things a little ...

when I run the compiler on Windows on my test sources,
everythings works fine.

Now I wanted to build executables for OS/2 and Linux-386,
just to learn more about cross-compile. But the installed compiler-exe
(which came with Lazarus) only supports the win32 target.

The compiler message is as follows:

C:\fpc_test>ppc386 -Tos2 pasform.pas
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.2 [2013/06/09] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2012 by Florian Klaempfl and others
Target OS: OS/2
Compiling pasform.pas
Fatal: Can't find unit system used by PASFORM
Fatal: Compilation aborted

Same goes for -Tlinux

Of course, I have to build a new compiler. Or: do I misinterpret
the error message?

I downloaded the development tree using svn.

What is the easiest way to build a new compiler, and:
will it be possible to build a compiler that is able to build
different targets at the same time?

Kind regards

Bernd