[fpc-devel] Bug: Alignment issue with dwarf debug_info on mipsel(-embedded)?? code

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Sat Jul 6 19:30:34 CEST 2013

I have now commited my work to svn on the branch mips_embedded so that
it is easier to reproduce the problem.

For building the target you need to install binutils for pic32mx from
here: https://github.com/chipKIT32/chipKIT-cxx/tree/master/src45x/binutils

Instructions for building the toolchain (only binutils is needed):
https://github.com/chipKIT32/chipKIT-cxx/wiki/HOWTO-Build-the-toolchain

currently xc32 binutils from microchip do not work. latest binutils work
mostly but they cannot create .hex files

To build use the following commandline:

make clean buildbase CROSSINSTALL=1 OS_TARGET=embedded CPU_TARGET=mipsel
SUBARCH=pic32mx OPT="" CROSSOPT="-O-" BINUTILSPREFIX=pic32mx-elf32-

and then

sudo make installbase CROSSINSTALL=1 OS_TARGET=embedded
CPU_TARGET=mipsel SUBARCH=pic32mx OPT="" CROSSOPT="-O-"
BINUTILSPREFIX=pic32mx-elf32-

to compile use:

ppcrossmipsel -MObjFPC -Scghi -Ch1024 -Cs1024 -Tembedded -Pmipsel -gw2
-vewnhix -l -Cppic32mx -WpPIC32MX220F032C -XPpic32mx-elf32-
-FD/usr/local/bin -a -godwarfsets -godwarfmethodclassprefix hello.pas
-al -ar

Michael