[fpc-devel] for-in-index loop

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Tue Jan 29 04:14:40 CET 2013

29.01.2013 9:51, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> As a strong argument: you *must* understand everything when you want to
> read other people's code, which use the new language features :-(

Only if you want this. And if you want a new feature will not stop you.
Your brains learn something every day anyway. And I believe that the
majority of features which you touch below are easy to learn and
understand. At least it must be much easier to learn and understand than
code from fpc\rtl\i386 which nobody complains about.

> IMO most of the new features had been added *only* for .NET
> compatibility. But since Delphi.NET is dead, I see no need to introduce
> them into FPC, where .NET never was on topic. But I understand that the
> compiler developers need something to put their hands on, so that the
> new language features come in at the right time. The Delphi developers
> had a goal (.NET) and limited time, while the FPC developers have time
> and look out for new goals.

> At least it's more fun to implement
> something very new, instead of working on incomplete parts (loadable
> libraries, targets) which had been delayed due to problems. The same
> situation in Lazarus and in many open source projects BTW.

Where are your patches for loadable libraries and new targets?

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin