[fpc-devel] Install FPC and GUI on a headless non debian ARM device ["embedded" again]

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jan 18 17:25:55 CET 2013

On 01/15/2013 12:01 PM, Thomas Schatzl wrote:
> X-servers
>
> They all are reported to run stock linux. So in the "worst" case, if you
> cannot find the prepackaged solutions or don't want to mess with e.g.
> Android, just install a debian chroot on them and do an "apt-get install
> lazarus" and use NX.

Hi Thomas, Mark and others.

Another  colleague of mine now has just got the new "big" version of the
Raspberry Pi. He reported that he has been  able to just apt-get
Lazarus, and it's GUI runs fine in the SSH-remote X server.

He did not know right now what the package that provides this remote X
is called, but he was rather sure that same had been installed on the
RPi from the beginning, and he is positive that it is an apt-get package.

So for me a viable task would be to find the apt-get packages necessary
to run Lazarus, download them to a PC, extract the necessary files and
scripts and try to install them on the QNAP NAS.

Does anybody know what pat-get packages are necessary and how to do what
I described or something similar ?

Thanks,
-Michael