[fpc-devel] fpc on odroid (ARM hardfloat)

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Sat Aug 10 21:25:16 CEST 2013

On 08/09/2013 11:06 PM, Michel Catudal wrote:
> For those interested I have created a repository for ubuntu 13.04 on odroid. Sorry about the typo in my previous comment, an extra d was in the name, google isn't likely to find the right site with a typo in the name.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/catuodroid/
>
> Ignore the suggested download file, that is bogus and I haven't seen anyway to remove that ridiculous suggestion. Look at the wiki for details on how to install fpc and lazarus
>

> You will find binaries for fpc 2.6.2 with hard float support as well as larazus 1. The code is based on the code from Debian. There is a small issue with a package that doesn't seem to exist, for menus I guess. It doesn't keep lazarus from loading, just an
> anoying message as you start lazarus.
>
> You will also find on that repository binaries for the mate desktop. Those who much like me hate gnome 3 with a passion will appreciate the contribution. This should also work on Mele, I haven't tried it since I do not use ubuntu on the Mele but gentoo,
> soon to be replaced with funtoo. On either funtoo or gentoo all you have to do is use the Sabayon overlay. There might be a few files to convert, if you have issues with it just send me a note on the sourceforge directory.
>
> For those interested I will publish an image for funtoo on odroid in a few weeks.
>
> Michel

I'd like to add ARM hardfloat mini distributions on about 6 pages:
   http://ctrlterm.com/
   http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm - also 4 other pages

Do I need to change all of the existing ARM Linux units (in fpcunits
folder), or do I only need to change the compiler (ppcarm)?