[fpc-devel] XML Parser problems with C-Data and Character Encoding

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Thu Sep 27 18:50:46 CEST 2012

On 2012-09-27 14:50, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
> I did some benchmarking. Using XML (well, SOAP) makes a typical
> application 6 times slower than a comparative binary transmission
> mechanism.

Just curious, did you even do that test with JSON as well? Probably
still slower than binary, but how much faster than XML?

tiOPF has normal XML and "compact XML" for remote persistence layer. The
"compact XML" is the default, more cryptic names and values, but reduces
network traffic a lot. I still want to add JSON support too.

Cheers,
  G.