[fpc-devel] Re: Faster Implementation for IntToStr

Nico Erfurth fpc at erfurth.eu
Mon Sep 3 15:37:52 CEST 2012

On 03.09.12 14:04, Sven Barth wrote:

> It will be interesting to benchmark Delphi's ARM compiler once it comes
> out as we had quite some work on the ARM optimizer in the last months
> and so there is the chance that FPC performs better on ARM than Delphi :)

Well, AFAIK the Delphi compiler for ARM will be based on LLVM. So in the
current state FPC will loose big time. But we're making progress, I'm
benchmarking from time to time and over the last months we've gained
10-15%. But there are a lot of optimizations which are hard to solve
with the current way the compiler works.

Nico