[fpc-devel] Considerations about observer [was: Free Pascal 2.6.2 rc1]

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 16:36:03 CET 2012

On 2012-11-28 15:25, luiz americo pereira camara wrote:
> if an architeture works in a scenario does not mean it's good or at
> least could not be improved.

I'm not disputing that either. It just seems that Michael and I have
been using observers in production code for many years. The FPC design
is very similar to what we have in production code for years. And with
our experience we don't see an immediate issue in the current FPC
Observer design.

Of course there is a chance that we could be wrong - that is why I asked
that you supply a test project we can look at.

> I believe such feature at a low level class must be as generic and
> flexible as possible. If the design minimizes performance issues
> better yet.

Agreed.

Regards,
  - Graeme -