[fpc-devel] Problem with compilation (unknown crash)

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Nov 13 14:11:06 CET 2012

On 13 Nov 2012, at 02:08, Michel Catudal wrote:

> Le 12/11/2012 07:34, Jonas Maebe a écrit :
>>
>> On 12 Nov 2012, at 13:32, Michel Catudal wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way to figure out when a crash occurs, in other words get the compiler to tell me the conditions that made it crash the compilation?
>>
>> By debugging the compiler. Add OPT="-O- -gl" to add debug information and disable optimizations.
>>
> Isn't this just to add debugging information for using gdb?

Mostly yes, that's why I answered "by debugging the compiler". The compiler has no logic built in to analyse why it crashes. And in your case, it seems even the stack is corrupt.

Note that the AVR32 port is far from complete and probably still contains a multitude of bugs (even if you do get it to generate code, it's likely that it will be incorrect in many cases).

Jonas