[fpc-devel] line info using dwarf with trunk no longer regognized by gdb

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Nov 13 12:29:28 CET 2012

On 12/11/2012 12:41, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 11 Nov 2012, at 20:56, Martin wrote:
>
>> See http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,18816.0.html
>>
>> I did test myself. Same result on win32. (Run any part of the IDE
>> debugger test suite). Tested versions of gdb 6.3 to 7.5
>
> It works fine on Mac OS X and Linux, so it seems to be
> Windows-specific. Does it also happen with the external assembler
> and/or linker?

I tried with
fpc.exe -gw -O-1 TestPrg.pas
fpc.exe -gw -O-1 -Xe TestPrg.pas
fpc.exe -gw -O-1 -al -Xe TestPrg.pas

TestProg is at the end of the mail (Same As EnvPrg in
lazarus/debugger/tests/GDBMI/TestApps

calling gdb with
c:\FPC\GDB\7.4-2\gdb.exe -i mi -ex "info line TestPrg.pas:10" -ex "info
sources"  TestPrg.exe

And then in gdb enter (did not find a way to put this one on command line):
-symbol-list-lines TestPrg.pas

The filename is recognized (using other filenames gives an error "No
source file named ..."). But gdb believes there are no lines.

program EnvPrg;

uses sysutils;

var
   s: String;