[fpc-devel] Generics are still broken

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat May 12 16:36:24 CEST 2012

On 11.05.2012 22:58, Anthony Walter wrote:
> Thanks Sven. Overall generics in Fpc are very much improved. So good
> work! Your work is much appreciated!
>
> I also experienced some different problems with classes which implement
> generic interfaces where the compiler thinks that method aren't implement.
>
> On my blog I have a page where I describe multicast events through delegates
> source: http://www.codebot.org/delphi/?doc=9568
>
> TDelegateImpl<T> = class(TInterfacedObject, IDelegate<T>)
>
> Fpc gives me some problems with the class above specifically. All the
> sources are on that page and they currently work with Delphi. I can
> probably boil the problem into a smaller test case.
>
> If you want some help let me know what I can do.

If you want to report bugs it would be nice if you

1. check whether it was already reported. Most generic bugs have the tag
"generics", which you can reach here:
http://bugs.freepascal.org/tag_view_page.php?tag_id=3 (click on
"attached issues" in the upper right to see a list of all generics bugs
(opened or closed) that are currently in Mantis)
2. add the tag "generics" to new bug reports, so that I can find them
quickly.

This would help already if you discover bugs.

Regards,
Sven