[fpc-devel] Breaking change in FPC 2.6.1

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Thu May 3 13:30:13 CEST 2012

> Policy wise, I merge revisions for utils, packages and the higher level
> units of RTL like sysutils and classes if they are a couple of weeks old
> (3-4 weeks), but I usually leave big changes a bit longer.

ok it is answer to my question ;-)
So we can expect backporting after approx. month

> Since last weekend there is a notes system that allows me to add notes to
> the revs in mergelogs. See r21037 on the database page, it has a red "notes"
> attached to it. Clicking it will unfold it.

yes I noticed it ;-)

Please add also red comment to *21009* that this revision DO NOT
backport (it is "only" test), because I used there array constructor,
which AFAIK is not implemented in 2.6 (so it will fail to compile)

> At a certain point you have to start considering risks vs benefits of
> merging something.

Yes

Thanks for deep explanation.
-Laco.