[fpc-devel] Breaking change in FPC 2.6.1

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:01:45 CEST 2012

On 02.05.2012 10:47, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:

> Or you can simply ignore the warnings, which is by far the easiest
> option.
> I can't believe people are making such fuss over a couple of warnings.

MSEide+MSEgui compiles without FPC warnings and notes. I assume other
FPC users also make code without warnings and notes. While waiting for
compilation we check the compiler output in message window. If there are
warnings from your deprecated statement we have to check every time if
it is a real warning or a "FPC-Delphi-Future" warning which can't be
fixed without using try-finally blocks which should later be removed
with FPC trunk because they are redundant thanks to the managed TBytes type.

Martin