[fpc-devel] about mips/mipsel chaos

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sat Jun 9 09:50:02 CEST 2012

On 08 Jun 2012, at 17:57, Fuxin Zhang wrote:

>  Since mipsel/mips has most of the code equal(code is endian free or use
> endian setting in target_info), I would like to propose make such
> conventions:
>
>   define mips, cpumips, mips32 for use of common mips related code
>   define mipsel/mipsel32 for little endian cpus
>   define mipseb/mipseb32 for big endian cpus

Ok, except that all of those defines have to start with "cpu". The compiler always only defines cpu*: cpui386, cpux86, cpupowerpc, cpupowerpc32, cpupowerpc64, ...

The non-cpu defines are only defined by the Makefiles while compiling the RTL and compiler (although in an ideal world, they would only be defined while compiling the compiler, because they are superfluous while compiling the RTL).

Jonas