[fpc-devel] mips-linux and mipsel-linux snapshots available

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Dec 26 16:07:16 CET 2012

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Sergei Gorelkin wrote:

>> This was caused by insufficient alignment of Double-typed temp
>> variables, fixed in r23146.
>> Moreover, it appeared that function UnixToWinAge wasn't doing anything
>> useful since year 2005, so it was removed in r23145, making
>> FindFirst/FindNext routines somewhat faster (and able to run without
>> FPU).
>>
>> Now I am able to run the big-endian MIPS compiler on QEMU. Hoping
>> you'll be able to reproduce it, too.
>
> I'll see what I can do, but I've not got any real hardware running here
> which is causing me problems (Qemu performance isn't brilliant).

Basic operation OK. There's a slight problem in that the build produces
a directory /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.7.1/units/mips-linux while ppcmips
running with the standard fpc.cfg expects .../mipseb-linux

Full build works with a standard set of parameters. Albeit slowly. Only
peculiarity was that I had to copy the fpc binary manually  before I
could run  sudo make install

I'll try to run the test suite for both mipsel and mips(eb), but a
higher priority has to be getting one of my SGI machines running.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk