Re: [fpc-devel] LLVM

Jeppe Græsdal Johansen jjohan07 at student.aau.dk
Wed Dec 26 08:48:18 CET 2012

The IR changes syntax often, so using that will most likely cause version problems. The other option is to use C++ classes directly which apparently is more stable.

I know i386, x86_64 and ARM works pretty good. I don't know about the few others.

Compiling speed is very, very slow :) (when using ir input at least)

Having worked a bit with llvm I don't like the IDE of completely changing the backend of fpc. Mostly because we are then relying on a bunch of C++ programmers to fix bugs and extend the backend in the future.

Regards
Jeppe Johansen