[fpc-devel] Please include gmp.dll in Win32 distribution of FPC 2.6.2 and later

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 14:45:52 CET 2012

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Tomas Hajny <XHajT03 at hajny.biz> wrote:
>> As for fairness, the usual argument is "just solve problems in
>> Java/Python",
>> which is exactly what I am trying to prevent :)
>
> Who defines what is the right file to choose if there are multiple
> options?
I am not sure which options do you mean,
I refer to the dll mentioned here: http://wiki.freepascal.org/gmp

> We could probably create a special distribution package with a
> 'gmp' suffix including that library on our FTP server. It would not become
> part of our standard ("mainstream") distribution, but maybe it solves your
> issue anyway?
Unlikely. Even if I persuade the jury of the final stage to use
non-standard distribution,
all preliminary stages (with approx. total of 5000 pupils
participating) will still use standard distribution.

--
Alexander S. Klenin