[fpc-devel] FPC compiler architecture documentation

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Aug 31 10:25:56 CEST 2012

Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 08/30/2012 10:20 PM, Florian Klaempfl wrote:
>>  I doubt that a good developer needs such a document to get into the
>> compiler...
>
> Hmmm.
>
> I once thought about trying to do an fpc compiler for a not yet
> supported arch, and I still am interested in having (AKA contributing to
> such an effort) an "up to date" fpc compiler for as well 68K as PIC32
> (AFAIK identical to a certain version of MIPS32). I doubt that I would
> even be able to start, unless an up-to-date documentation of the
> appropriate parts of the docu is available.

I tried to make notes when looking at the "unofficial" MIPS compiler on
Sourceforge, but things suddenly started moving faster than I could keep
track of (I'll probably chop what I did out of the wiki once the
compiler is stable). I still felt I learned a lot, but there has to be a
better way. http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Native_MIPS_Systems

Paul Edwards started to make a list of units and their relationships (in
the context of a mainframe compiler), but I don't see any recent
updates. http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/ZSeries/Part_1

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk