[fpc-devel] FPC -Rintel and -alr options

ABorka fpc-devel at aborka.com
Tue Aug 21 08:32:32 CEST 2012

That requires masm to compile the project.

What I actually want is to see the disassembled code from my project (as
Intel Syntax assembly code) to look at how the win32 and win64 code is
optimized and then to fine tune the pascal source.

1. The objdump ("objdump.exe" and "x86_64-win64-objdump.exe") utility
from the binutils programs works and displays the code with the -Mintel
option as Intel syntax from the "*.o" files, however when I try to see
the line numbers (objdump.exe -l ...) and source code lines (objdump.exe
-S ...) it does not put them in the right places within the disassembled
code.

As an example, I used:
objdump.exe -d -Mintel -w -l -S -EL something.o > something.disassembled

2. The fpc "-al" flag generates a nice "*.s" assembler file during
compilation, where everything is in place, except it is not Intel syntax
assembly but AT&T.

Anyone had experience with something like this (display the disassembled
code of a project unit/object_file in Intel syntax, with source code lines)?

Thanks for any help