[fpc-devel] targetandroid - can't build for armv7, hangs on pooledmm.pp

Thomas Schatzl tom_at_work at gmx.at
Thu Aug 2 10:10:01 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 09:36 +0200, Dennis Spreen wrote:
> > At least after removing -mfloat-abi=hard it compiles through here.
> > (make clean crosszipinstall OS_TARGET=android CPU_TARGET=arm
> > CROSSOPT="-Cfvfpv3 -mfloat-abi=soft -Cparmv7"  FPC=i386-linux-ppc386
> > BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux-androideabi-)
>
> Does not compile on windows, though. What are you using as the base
> compiler, 2.6.0 (in conjunction with targetandroid\fpcmake) or current
> trunk (2.7.1)? I'll try on linux then.

I'm starting from Linux i386 with a 2.6.0 release compiler as base
compiler.

Maybe you can pass FPMAKEOPT="-v" (verbose mode) or FPMAKEOPT="-v
-l" (verbose + do not actually execute the command lines) to see where
it hangs?

The targetandroid branch fpc tools (fpcmake, ..) must be available
because the regular release/trunk ones do not know the arm-android
target. I.e. first compile the targetandroid branch with a regular
zipinstall or whatever and copy over the resulting fpcmake etc.

I can provide you with an i386-linux to arm-android crosscompiler ("make
crosszipinstall") with any options you want if really needed. I cannot
create (and honestly never did) a Windows build due to lack of OS.

> >For linux you can use -dFPC_ARMHF when building the compiler to select
> >the armhf "variant" which defaults to armv7-a, vfpv3_d16 and hard
> >float abi.
>
> I'll try that. Same question: 2.6.0 or 2.7.1 as base compiler?

Note that this is about building an arm/linux compiler, not arm/android.
So this maybe only works on trunk until latest changes are merged from
trunk. You can try though.

You should always use latest release (i.e. 2.6.0 currently) to start
compilation and this is what's typically tested.

Thomas