[fpc-devel] FileNameCasePreserving added

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Sun Apr 15 23:45:42 CEST 2012

Hi *,

Just to let you know - I've added constant FileNameCasePreserving to
unit System and changed the previous value of FileNameCaseSensitive
in some cases according to the real behaviour of the respective
platforms with regard to treatment of case in filenames (trunk only
and not planned to be merged) - see
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=18066 and
http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_Trunk#Unit_changes. In
particular, this means that the value of this constant changes for
Win32 and Win64 (previously incorrectly marked as case sensitive, now
"only" case preserving but not sensitive). Just to let you know if
you notice that your code behaves slightly differently now. I don't
really expect big impact, but it's probably better to issue a warning
anyway.

Tomas