[fpc-devel] bug report 20473: Please add a directive to define string=utf8string

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 13 10:39:52 CEST 2011

Am 13.10.2011 10:39, schrieb Michael Schnell:
> The last FPC version I installed was "Free Pascal Compiler version 2.7.1
> [2011/08/26] for i386". "/usr/bin/ppc383" points to
> "../lib/fpc/2.7.1/ppc386".
>
> So, when installing a Unicode enabled it might be a good idea to do this
> to a separate subdirectory in usr/lib/fpc to be able to switch to and
> fro. Maybe it would be nice to provide this by changing the version ID.

When installing you can always select a custom directory though you can
not change the version-id. E.g. you could install to
"/lib/fpc-cpstring/2.7.1".
Also as far as I see the version of the PPU files is different (though
not because of the string changes) between your version and current
trunk, so Lazarus should trigger recompilations if you switch between
your older 2.7.1 and a current one.

Regards,
Sven