[fpc-devel] Re-installing fpc

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Mar 14 11:20:06 CET 2011

On 14 Mar 2011, at 11:13, Thomas Schatzl wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:48:50 +0100, Michael Schnell wrote:
>> Makefile:199: *** The Makefile doesn't support target
>> can't-executed,, please run fpcmake first.  Stop.
>>
>> but when I try to do fpcmake in the source directory this does not
>> help and when I try to do fpcmake in /usr/bin I get
>
> Did you run "fpcmake -R -Tall" in the source directory? (-R means recursively dive into subdirectories and -Tall means for all targets)

That should not be necessary, all makefiles in svn contain support for all targets. The error "The Makefile doesn't support target can't-executed" indicates that the Makefile tried to execute the compiler to figure out for what target it should install files, but could not execute it (hence the "can't-executed" target name).

It's possible that fpcmake also needs to be in the path (I also remember that for some reason it's executed during make install), but it's not the cause of this particular error.

Jonas