[fpc-devel] MIPS

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 14:40:10 CEST 2011

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Mark Morgan Lloyd said:
>>> Current situation is that after ensuring the existence of dummy files
>>> I've stepped back from the RTL code and am looking at a problem that
>>> appears to be caused by floating point initialisation in the cross
>>> compiler.
>> A define incorrectly suggested that MIPS was using MM registers. Now
>> back following missing files/symlinks in the RTL.
>>
>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Native_MIPS_Systems#Stall_point
>
> wrt the missing of STAT.inc, IIRC the stat record definition on linux was
> found to be slightly architecture dependant (x86 being a bit different due
> to legacy reasons, of both FPC and Linux).
>
>  Probably the wisest is to take the PPC one and check it quickly against the
> header.

Thanks, I'm already using ppc for comparison purposes which is why I had
a hard time finding the MM issue :-)

Question if I may: should I be avoiding symlinks as non-portable?

I'm gradually hacking through with a mixture of command-line compilation
and using Lazarus to step through. I considered looking at FPP to see if
I could log all procedure calls, I thought I was looking for something
that hadn't been initialised properly.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk