[fpc-devel] volatile variables

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Tue Jun 28 21:09:47 CEST 2011

28.06.2011 22:38, Vinzent Höfler wrote:
>> involving some mutex. Such proper constructs are not enforced by
>> pascal language automatically (like say in java), so mistakes are
>> quite possible (and sometimes do happen).
>
> JFTR, but they aren't /enforced/ in Java, neither.
Well, ok, I didn't mean that "synchronize" is enforced, but rather that
it is provisioned with such (simple) syntax that enforces some sanity
and hides most complications (so that one can not forget to leave the
protected block, or try to use some invalid mutex or try to modify the
mutex directly etc...)

(That said, I'm personally quite happy with pascal though)

Nikolai