[fpc-devel] New language idea: Unified types(assignmentsize-compatible types).

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Jun 26 13:35:53 CEST 2011

> Um, I think you are mistaken. Integer is *always* 32-bits on either
> 32-bit or 64-bit target platforms

That's because FPC currently only supports LP64 and LLP64 systems.

There are some systems (IIRC some AIX editions) that are ILP64 (iow in C
"int" is 64-bit).

What FPC will do there is probably still undecided, since it will be a
dilemma between compatibility with the OS it is running on vs compatibility
with other FPC targets.