[fpc-devel] Hi listers, , , , I am trying to translate a C headerwith H2PAS

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Jun 18 14:13:35 CEST 2011

Skybuck Flying schrieb:
> Very bad tool,

You mean ToPas?

It's a very powerful tool...

> Barely converts anything,

It converts almost everything, once it is configured properly.

> Complains files are missing.

Right, your config is inappropriate.

> Does weird stuff with F: ?

Seems also to be config related.

> At least it's written in Delphi it seems,

Right, and somebody tried to port it to Lazarus, last year.

> Doesn't even have a simple convert button.
>
> It needs a manual  ? I do not have time to read manuals for something as
> simple as converting C to Pascal.

When it's as simple, why then do you need a tool?

In contrast to other *heuristic* converters, ToPas is an *exact*
converter. This means that it requires the C compiler, that allows to
compile the given modules and header files. It's not the compiler
itself, but all its header files and predefined macros must be
available, before a conversion can succeed.

> Perhaps with some work it might become a better tool, but right now it's
> unusable.

It's usable only with a correct configuration, not really different from
FPC and Lazarus ;-)

DoDi