wrong detection of inUnix ?? [Re: [fpc-devel] fcl-WEB build broken]

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 11:21:14 CEST 2011

Hello FPC,

Saturday, June 11, 2011, 10:48:31 AM, you wrote:

MvdV> In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
>> > The windows shell also accepts / as pathseparator.
>>
>> Not here it doesn't. Just tested:
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd c:/programs
>> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd c:\programs
>>
>> C:\Programs>

MvdV> After retest it seems only to ignore it indeed. Try going to the root and
MvdV> then do

'/' is used as path separator, but not as path root indicator, so '/'
can only be used with relative paths:

cd \/Programs (go to root, then programs)
cd /p1/p2/p3 (enter in p1, then p2, then p3)
cd /../../.. (up 3 directories)

--
Best regards,
 José