[fpc-devel] FPDoc parser doesn't handle forward declarations properly?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Dec 8 15:29:46 CET 2011

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be schrieb:

>> Currently the following steps are required to build the project file
>> and the docs:
>> 1. make <whatever> -n > mydocs.bat
>> 2. edit mydocs.bat to make fpdoc create an project file
>> 3. mydocs.bat
>> 4. edit the mydocs.xml project as required
>> 5. fpdoc mydocs.xml
>>
>> 2+3 could be omitted, when fpdoc would automatically create a project.
>
> Or if the documentation is created from projectfile directly, which is the
> plan.

I wonder how such a project file will look like. Currently the Makefile
does some configuration, what will not be possible with a common project
file.

Can somebody provide an project file, as used to build the official
documentation - on a Linux system, I suppose? Then we can find out what
may (or may not) be required to run that project on other platforms.

Let me also repeat my thoughts about a general (HTML) documentation layout:
- Keep all documentation in a user specified directory (where the user
has all rights), with subdirectories for each package.
- Have one css file in that directory, for use by all HTML pages.
- Put all content files in that directory, too.
- Add a global documentation page, covering all documented packages.

DoDi