[fpc-devel] FPDoc parser doesn't handle forward declarations properly?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Dec 8 02:59:12 CET 2011

Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:

> Wait, did you try this on FPC trunk sources ? That won't work.
> 2.6.0 sources should be OK.

I could build RTL and FCL docs from 2.4.2 without major problems (the
trunk Makefile was not fully compatible with the old directory structure).

But when I tried to build the LCL, fpdoc crashes badly in
THTMLWriter.AppendProcType (SIGSEGV). I tried to catch this error by
try-except, but then Windows kills fpdoc. Running from the commandline
at least reveals the Element as "FontEnumProc".
I'll have to research a bit more...

The -v option should become more verbose, just for hunting such bugs.
And the messages should go to stdout instead of stderr, at least on
Windows (with poor redirection capabilities).

DoDi