[fpc-devel] FPDoc sources

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Aug 31 12:34:19 CEST 2011

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:
>
>> Now, you could "fix" that, of course.
>> That would require you to copy all information which is contained in the
>> interface section of the pascal file to the XML file.
>>
>> For example:
>> <element name="TMyEnum" type="enumeration">
>> <element name="TMyEnum.One" type="enumerationelement" Parent="TMyEnum">
>> <element name="TMyEnum.Two" type="enumerationelement" Parent="TMyEnum">
>>
>> But, copying this information to the XML file would be a) duplicate and
>> thus redundant information.
>> b) require more work as soon as anything changes in the interface section.
>> and therefor would be - in my eyes - extremely bad design.
>
> Just this design is very questionable, with regards to useful documentation.

Since the current design made the FPC docs what they are, it follows that
none of the FPC docs is useful ? Thank you very much.

> I don't ask for an change of the design, I only ask for a complete
> documentation, that includes all elements of the given xml files, even if no
> source files are given.

This is a contradiction. The part "even if no source files are given."

*IMPLIES*

a change of the design of fpdoc.

If you don't understand that, you haven't understood anything of the way
fpdoc works. I can only regret it and will say no more on the subject.

Amen.

Michael.