[fpc-devel] FPC-JVM: Status report on Android

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 11:43:11 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:
> That is why I am astonished that converting Java-Bytecode to Dalvik code
> should be an easy task.

Sven is correct. I didn't know this until now, but all Android
applications are first compiled using javac and then dex converts the
bytecode. Usually you don't have to care about this, because the Java
part is provided in source code and native code is compiled
differently, but in any Android standard build log you will see:

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to
/home/felipe/Programas/lazarus-ccr/examples/androidlcl/android/bin/classes

-dex:
     [echo] Converting compiled files and external libraries into
/home/felipe/Programas/lazarus-ccr/examples/androidlcl/android/bin/classes.dex...

(striped of some lines)
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho