[fpc-devel] New FPC target: JVM

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sun Aug 21 00:02:50 CEST 2011

On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 00:11 +0200, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> A .NET or Dalvik backend is feasable as easy as a JVM backend. Question
> is the use of such an code generator, without an RTL, FCL, debugger etc.

As 'easy'? Do you have any idea how much work Jonas, one of the most
experienced developers who are working on fpc, has done to accomplish
this?

I've seen a lot of mails on this mailing list about all sort of
features, including a JVM target. But no-one who actually started to
work seriously on it.

I know that you did not mean to degrade Jonas' work with this comment.
But please think about that before you send emails. I think you could
expressed yourself differently without the unmentioned negative tone.

I'm really happy with Jonas hard work on this target, and want to thank
him for all this (and other) work he did and does for fpc.

--
My Lazarus blog: http://www.lazarussupport.com/lazarus/weblog