[fpc-devel] Delphi XE2 uses FPC for iOS target

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Aug 12 14:18:07 CEST 2011

On 08/12/2011 01:56 PM, Thaddy wrote:
> It is not slow at all, it is lightning fast.
So it obviously does use rendering hardware.
> As far as I suspect the framebuffer manipulation is indeed through the
> kernel.
I did not take a look into the framebuffer driver API, but it's quite
obvious that it does provide support for hardware rendering.
> If you use openGL v2 there's of course just one abstraction layer extra.
Yep. I did understand wrong that not using GL would imply not using the
rendering hardware and directly writing to  the pixel array instead.

-Michael