[fpc-devel] Delphi XE2 uses FPC for iOS target

Thaddy thaddy at thaddy.com
Thu Aug 11 17:28:38 CEST 2011

On 11-8-2011 17:01, Sven Barth wrote:

> I know about X servers running there (I have looked that up today
> morning, because I liked to know whether I somehow could run Wine on
> Android), but all I've found yet was the restriction to access the X
> screen through a VNC viewer. If you know more, I'd be glad to hear
> that. :)
>
> And yes, I wasn't aware of QT.

It works. There is a VNC server for Android for free.
> Does the QT app look and act like a "native" Android app? Did you (or
> someone else) test whether the LCL would work there using QT?
Not really/ somewhat / close enough

I bought my tablet for €149 in a toystore (with amazing specs for the
money)  just to get FPC running on it, so I will keep you posted about
my progress. As I implied: a shared library isn't the problem. Native
rendering is, that's why I am exploring the Qt and Mono alternatives
first. When I am satisfied that works I look into qt/fpc android.